One of the worst times in a person’s life is when they find themselves facing criminal charges that threaten to take away their freedom, family, job and in effect, their whole lives. The question begs to be asked, how do you choose which attorney, in the GINORMOUS sea of attorneys, you should pick to represent you in your fight for freedom. The answer is relatively simple:
1. You need results, so you need an attorney with a history of good results.
– You should ask potential potential attorneys what their win/loss ratio is. But, please be careful when having this conversation. Winning for lawyers can mean several different things. Winning may mean a “not guilty” verdict at trial, but it may also mean negotiating a good plea deal for a client that can’t win at trial. Winning may mean getting all the charges dismissed, but it may also mean negotiating a complex felony charge down to a misdemeanor charge. So be clear with the attorney about what you consider “A Win”.
2. You need a lawyer you relate to and trust.
– This doesn’t mean that you will like your lawyer throughout the criminal process, it means that you and your lawyer understand each other. This means that you trust your lawyer to be honest with you and to work in your best interest. **You may not like all or most of the info your lawyer gives you, it’s not a lawyer’s job to tell you what you want to hear, it’s her job to tell you what you need to know about the legal process and your case in particular.
3. You need a lawyer you can afford.
– If the lawyer quotes a price you know you can’t afford, then you need to keep looking. Don’t choose a lawyer simply because he/she is cheap. Conversely, don’t choose a lawyer simply because he/she is expensive either. Really good lawyers don’t have to cost an unreasonable amount. Find a lawyer that is both affordable and good at being a lawyer.
Choosing a criminal lawyer is a big deal. This person may play a huge role in your future so make sure that you choose wisely. Finding a lawyer you can afford and that will fight for you, who will stand up for you in court and demand your side of the story be heard, is critical.
When you find yourself in trouble, consider KDH Law Firm as your criminal defense team. Attorney Brandy Porter has a Killer Instinct, she is Determined to fight for your freedom, and she is Honest with her clients. You can contact her at (770) 462-0192 or visit the website at www.theKDHlaw.com.